Ride & Hike – Duke PT 16 is the hybrid binding for the radical big mountain and backcountry charger.
The Duke PT 16 (DIN 6-16) is Royal Family´s top model and sets another milestone. It combines the superior functionality and downhill performance of a Jester with comfortable uphill properties of a pin binding. An absolute highlight is the innovative Ride & Hike toe. For walking mode the upper part is simply unlocked and tilted forward, uncovering the pin binding. To save swing weight the upper jaw part can be taken off and stored in the backpack. The multi functional Lock & Walk unit automatically locks the brakes and provides a 10° climbing aid. For downhill mode the front jaw section is clicked back onto the base plate being quadruple secured by the Auto Quad Lock technology. Now the toe piece works just like an alpine toe with all of its advantages! The heel is the latest generation of Interpivot 3 freeride heels with lightweight magnesium housing and improved stiffness. The low height of 24 mm allows for direct power transmission and fast edge changes. Thanks to Multinorm all Duke PT are compatible to alpine, touring and GripWalk boots.
Features & Specs
- Weight: Uphill 1050 g / downhill: 1350 g
- Din/ISO Range: 6.0 - 16.0
- Recom. Skier's Weight: 60+ kg
- Stand height w/o ski: 24 mm
- Toe System: Ride & Hike
- Step-in Heel: Inter Pivot 3
- Category: Hardcore Freeride Ride & Hike
- Brake width: 100 mm, 125 mm
- Boot type: Adult standard Alpine, GripWalk Adult, Touring Boots
- AFD Gliding Plate: Stainless steel
- Walking modes: 0°, 10°
- Heel adjustment range: 60 mm