Planning, gear and easy access to avalanche safety equipment are essential for big days in the backcountry. Our largest technical backcountry ski pack, the women's-specific Sopris 40 offers both ski and snowboard carry options. Top-end materials keep it as lightweight as possible while a stable fit make for dynamic descents. Easily access your avalanche safety kit through the front panel pocket while the top and backpanel provide two ways of accessing the dry main storage compartment. Made with a PFC-free DWR coating that sheds moisture.
Features & Specs
- Backpack for backcountry skiing/snowboarding, lightweight touring
- BUILT FOR BACKCOUNTRY: Designed with lightweight features for long ascents and stable fit for dynamic movement on the descent.
- STABLE FIT & CARRY: Gender-specific sizing and superior fit for efficient and ultimately safer movement in the mountains.
- SNOW-SPECIFIC FEATURES: Equipped with the necessary snow-specific feature set and intuitive access to safety avalanche gear.
- Large front panel J-zip access to avalanche safety kit pocket with shovel handle and probe sleeves
- Backpanel access to main compartment dry storage
- GPS/Radio internal carry with mic harness webbing attachment points
- A-frame or diagonal ski carry
- Vertical front panel and horizontal snowboard carry
- Easy-access accessories/goggles stash pocket
- Sled carry attachment loops
- Dual position (front or top of pack) stow-away helmet carry
- Secure ice tool carry sleeve and attachment point
- Internal main compartment side panel sleeves for small items/thermos
- Internal main compartment zipper stash pocket
- Single-zippered hipbelt pocket / single hipbelt gear loop
- Removable top lid with two zippered pockets
- An under-lid adjustable rope compression strap provides stable and easily accessible rope carry
- Dual top load and backpanel access to the main compartment offer multiple options for access
- The FlapJacket skirt cover is easily deployable and keeps pack contents contained even when the top pocket is removed
- Fabric: 210D High Tenacity Nylon Shadowbox, PFC-free DWR (Main), 210D Nylon Dobby, PFC-free DWR (Accent), 210D Nylon Dobby, PFC-free DWR REINFORCED WEBBING UHMWPE Integration (Bottom)
- Volume: 40L
- Weight: 3.083 lbs