Big days in the backcountry require planning, plenty of gear, and quick access to avalanche safety essentials. The Soelden 42 is our largest technical backcountry ski pack designed with hut tours in mind. This high-volume snow pack offers both ski and snowboard carry options. It’s built with top-end materials to keep it as lightweight as possible on grueling ascents and a stable fit for dynamic descents. An easily accessible front panel pocket houses your avalanche safety kit while the top and backpanel provide two means of access to the dry main storage compartment. This pack is made with a PFC-free DWR coating that sheds moisture.
Features & Specs
- Backpack for backcountry skiing/snowboarding, lightweight touring
- BUILT FOR BACKCOUNTRY: Designed with lightweight features for long ascents and stable fit for dynamic movement on the descent.
- STABLE FIT & CARRY: Gender-specific sizing and superior fit for efficient and ultimately safer movement in the mountains.
- SNOW-SPECIFIC FEATURES: Equipped with the necessary snow-specific feature set and intuitive access to safety avalanche gear.
- Large front panel J-zip access to avalanche safety kit pocket with shovel handle and probe sleeves
- Backpanel access to main compartment dry storage
- GPS/Radio internal carry with mic harness webbing attachment points
- A-frame or diagonal ski carry
- Vertical front panel and horizontal snowboard carry
- Easy-access accessories/goggles stash pocket
- Sled carry attachment loops
- Dual position (front or top of pack) stow-away helmet carry
- Secure ice tool carry sleeve and attachment point
- Internal main compartment side panel sleeves for small items/thermos
- Internal main compartment zipper stash pocket
- Single-zippered hipbelt pocket / single hipbelt gear loop
- Removable top lid with two zippered pockets
- An under-lid adjustable rope compression strap provides stable and easily accessible rope carry
- Dual top load and backpanel access to the main compartment offer multiple options for access
- The FlapJacket skirt cover is easily deployable and keeps pack contents contained even when the top pocket is removed
- Fabric: 210D High Tenacity Nylon Shadowbox, PFC-free DWR (Main), 210D Nylon Dobby, PFC-free DWR (Accent), 210D Nylon Dobby, PFC-free DWR REINFORCED WEBBING UHMWPE Integration (Bottom)
- Volume: 42L
- Weight: 3.239 lbs