No approach shoe combines protection and performance like the Boulder X. Sticky Vibram® rubber provides traction on approaches and confidence on talus, while the solid mid-soles keep your feet protected on full days at the crag.
We tweaked the designs of proven technology from years past to produce the Boulder X. Additional padding underfoot for long approaches and uber sticky rubber add deluxe comfort and performance. The Vibram® Idro-Grip compound stays sticky on every type of rock even when wet. The all-leather upper and sticky rubber toe rands offer durable protection. Ideal protection and performance built for the rigors and abuse of the mountains.
- High-cushion LaSpEVA layer above the 2mm polypropylene insole cushions the foot on long approaches
- Mythos lacing system for a highly adaptable and custom fit
- Ideal terrain: Approach and hiking on technical terrain requiring friction footwork
- AWARDS: OutdoorGearLab - Best Buy 2017
- WEIGHT: 16.97 oz (481g)
- LAST: Boulder
- CONSTRUCTION: Board lasted
- UPPER: Leather
- LINING: Mesh (back half and tongue only)
- MIDSOLE: Micropore EVA
- INSOLE: 2mm Polyproylene / 2mm La SpEVA
- SOLE: Vibram® Idro-Grip V-Smear™ with Impact Brake System™