The Corsa Nanotech is the most advanced mountaineering ice axe on the market. It merges the hyperlight properties of aluminum construction with a Sandvik Nanoflex steel reinforced tip and spike for a solid grip on hard snow and ice. The steel components dramatically increase the performance of these critical points without significantly increasing the weight of the axe. The single-curve shaft provides extra clearance without interfering with walking or plunging performance. A lightweight nylon spike plug keeps snow out of the shaft. The grip is machined for good handling and a small slot in the head allows for seamless integration with the Corsa leash (sold separately).
Sandvik Nanoflex® is an innovative patented steel alloy that is 70% stronger and 20% harder than normal steel which allows for a significant reduction in the amount of metal used, thereby decreasing weight while maintaining strength.
Features & Specs
- A technical version of the Corsa with a single-curve shaft and Sandvik Nanoflex steel reinforced tip and spike for a solid grip on hard snow and ice
- Designed for glacier travel and ski mountaineering
- Nylon spike plug keeps snow out of the shaft
- Small head slot for seamless integration with the Corsa leash (sold separately)
- Machined grip for good handling
- Lengths (cm): 50, 60, 70
- Head: Fixed
- Pick Material: 7075 Aluminum/Nanoflex
- Shaft Material: 1.3 mm 7075 Alu
- Spike Material: Nanoflex
- Leash: Corsa (optional)
- Standards: CE EN 13089 Type 1
- Weight: 50 cm: 225 g, 7.9 oz, 60 cm: 253 g, 8.9 oz, 70 cm: 284 g, 10.0 oz